Swimming Safety: Guidelines to Keep Your Family Safe
Summer is here and children throughout the Roanoke Valley are headed to pools and lakes to take a dip. While being fun for kids of all ages, the water can also be dangerous
- Safety experts suggest that parents of younger children keep their children within arm's reach while swimming. Parents of older children are urged to keep a close eye on them from the pool deck, regardless of how well they can swim.
- Parents should also know that hotter summer temperatures can cause a child to overheat, which in turn makes swimming more difficult.
- Contrary to popular belief, children drown silently rather than thrash around noisily causing alert to nearby people.
- Lakes are usually deeper than swimming pools and the bottom of the lake is made up of peaks and valleys, which may contain debris that can entangle a swimmer.
- Safety official suggest that removing toys from the water once children are done playing helps reduce the temptation for children to sneak into the water when they are unsupervised.
At Kalfus Nachman, PC, we are dedicated to helping our community stay safe. If you have been involved in an accident and were injured, don’t hesitate to call our experienced Newport News car accident attorneys. We are ready to fight for your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact our team to begin your case with a free consultation. We are available 24/7.