Important Car Accident Documents
Auto Accident Attorneys in Norfolk, VA
From the moment you are injured in a car accident, you should keep all documents pertaining to the accident and your medical treatment, as these will be necessary to prove your claim. However, if you are unable to collect all of these documents, our attorneys can help you to get them while you focus on healing. It is also important to remember to only speak with your Virginia car accident lawyer, as the other party's insurance agency may contact you to press for a settlement.
Some of the most important car accident documents we will need to review to prepare your case include:
- Insurance policy: You should have a copy of your insurance policy for us to review what type of an insurance recovery you may be entitled to. Your insurance company can provide one if you do not have one at home. You may be able to get a copy of your policy and declarations page online from your insurance company.
- Evidence of premium payments: Please bring in any insurance statements you have, as well as your insurance cards.
- Information exchanged at the accident scene: If you are fortunate enough to have eyewitnesses to your accident, you should bring in their information and statements. Signed eyewitness statements help a car accident case tremendously.
- Police report: Police reports contain very important information that allows us to fully understand the details of your case. If you do not have a copy of the accident report, we will be able to obtain one on your behalf.
- Tickets/citations related to the accident: If you were issued a ticket at the scene of the accident, we will also need to see this.
- Photographs or videos: The best way to preserve evidence is with photographs or videos of the accident scene. Take pictures of the vehicles, the surrounding area and any contributors to the accident such as road debris or obscured traffic signs. Do not post any photography or videography on social media sites such as YouTube, Facebook, or Flickr.
If you have been involved in a car accident in Virginia, please contact Kalfus & Nachman PC today to schedule a no-cost consultation using our online form or call (855) 880-8163.