Do I need a Virginia Social Security Disability attorney?
Statistics have shown that people represented by Social Security disability lawyers have been successful more often than people without attorney representation. You should consider the advantages by examining what Kalfus & Nachman PC would do in your case.
What would Kalfus & Nachman PC do to represent me in my social security case?
Every case is different. Your Virginia Social Security Disability attorney's role depends on the particular facts of your case. However, a few of the things an attorney does are:
- Gather medical and other evidence.
- Analyze your case under Social Security regulations.
- Contact your doctor and explain Social Security regulations to obtain a report consistent with those regulations.
- Refer you to additional doctors for further medical reports to answer questions raised by Social Security regulations.
- Send you to a vocational expert for a report on your ability to work.
- Suggest that the Social Security Administration send you to a doctor for consultative examination.
- Obtain documents from your Social Security file.
- Review actions taken by the Social Security Administration.
- Ask that a prior application for benefits be reopened.
- Seek waiver of a time limit.
- Request subpoenas to insure the presence of crucial witnesses or documents at your hearing.
- Advise you how best to prepare yourself to testify at your hearing.
- Protect your right to a fair hearing by objecting to improper evidence and procedures.
- Cross-examine Social Security Administration witnesses at your hearing.
- Present a closing statement at your hearing arguing that you are entitled to benefits under Social Security Regulations.
- Submit a written summary of the evidence and a legal argument to the Administrative Law Judge.
- Review, suggest changes or make legal objections to written questions which are sometimes sent to a doctor by the Administrative Law Judge after a hearing requesting an additional medical opinion.
- If you win, make sure that the Social Security Administration correctly calculates your benefits.
- If you lose, request a review of the Hearing Decision by the SSA Appeals Council.
- If necessary, represent you in a federal court review of your case.
When should I contact Kalfus & Nachman PC to represent me?
The sooner the better. However, the place where representation most often makes a difference in the outcome of your case is at the hearing stage. So, it is crucial that you seek counsel as soon as possible to allow ample time to prepare for your hearing.
It is best to call Kalfus & Nachman PC as soon as you receive notification that your claim has been denied. The earlier our firm is able to start preparing for your hearing, the better.
I already lost my hearing. Now what?
Depending on the circumstances, it may not be too late. If you are still within 60 days of the date of receipt of a hearing decision denying benefits or even a denial decision from the Social Security Appeals Council, you should contact Kalfus & Nachman PC immediately. It may still be possible for an experienced Social Security attorney to find a way to win your case!
What information will my Virginia Social Security Disability lawyer need?
There are several pieces of documentation you will need to bring with you to your initial consultation with your attorney. Make sure you have copies of your medical records, as well as any appeal forms, decisions, and denial notices.
Please also be prepared to provide the following helpful information:
- The names and addresses of your employers during the past 15 years
- Dates of employment with your employers
- A description of your job duties with each employer
- The names and addresses of any doctors you have seen in relation to your medical condition
- The number of times and the dates you saw those doctors
- The names and addresses of any hospitals where you have received treatment
- The names and dosages of any medications you are currently taking
- The names of the doctors who have prescribed you medication
How much does it cost to hire Kalfus & Nachman PC?
Our firm will accept most Social Security cases on a contingent fee basis, which means that our fee is taken as a percentage of past-due benefits (25%). With this arrangement, you are not charged a fee if we lose your case, however you will be responsible for any out-of-pocket expenses your attorney incurs while representing you (usually this involves charges for medical reports or copying medical records). In a few cases, we use a different method of calculating a fee.
If you're having trouble getting the social security disability benefits you need, call (855) 880-8163 or contact our Viriginia Social Security Disability lawyers online for your free legal consultation. We serve clients in Norfolk, Hampton, Newport News, Portsmouth, Roanoke, and Virginia Beach, Virginia.
“I highly recommend Kalfus & Nachman. They were on point from start to finish. Their office called me to keep me informed every step of the way. Everyone was friendly and returned calls and e-mails promptly! Very professional!”- Victor Gilmore
“They took the time needed to listen and explain the answers to any questions I asked. The follow-up to return my calls was excellent and the results were unparalleled.”- Nancy Lewis
“I was able to gain a sense of "calm" in the midst of dealing with an injury and all the hardship that comes with it. Thanks!!!”- K. Williams
- $10.5 Million Recovered Truck Accident
- $10.9 Million Recovered Traumatic Brain Injury
- $2.2 Million Recovered Premises Liability
Hernandez Attorney Read More
Kalfus of Counsel Read More
Nachman of Counsel Read More
Aufenger, III of Counsel Read More
Suit III of Counsel Read More
Fitzgerald, II Attorney Read More
Scott Attorney Read More
Jacobs Attorney Read More
Levens Attorney Read More
O'Dawe Attorney Read More
Schulwolf Attorney Read More
Smircina Attorney Read More
Vaughn Attorney Read More
Sternberg Attorney Read More
Donahue Attorney Read More
Thomasson Attorney Read More
Sachs Attorney Read More
Camden Attorney Read More
Do I Need To Hire An Attorney For My Personal Injury Case?
Do I Need To Hire An Expert in My Personal Injury Case?
What To do In An Accident
You Will Pay No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars for Our Clients
Our Attorneys Are Well-Equipped to Fight Insurance Companies
We Have Successfully Handled Thousands of Cases Since 1979
We are a Full-Service Firm with Multiple Locations
Se Habla Español
- Social Security Disability
Intellectual disability is a complex condition that affects millions of individuals worldwide. In this blog post, we will delve into the definition of intellectual disability, explore the qualifications for obtaining assistance, and provide valuable tips for individuals and families navigating this challenging journey. At Kalfus & Nachman PC, we ...
- Truck Accidents
Trucking accidents are among the deadliest accidents on the roadways. The large size and weight of semi-trucks make them a force to reckon with in an accident. Being involved in a trucking accident can be traumatic, and it's essential to know what to do if you ever find yourself in one. In this blog post, we will discuss everything you need to know ...
- Firm News
Attorney Paul Hernandez was featured in a blog by Neos, a cloud-based management software, discussing how the use of cutting-edge technology has made their law firm more efficient, highly productive and incredibly profitable. This blog explores the transformative impact of legal tech, featuring interviews with successful lawyers Frank Nunes and ...