St. Patrick's day is just around the corner and it’s important to make sure you have a way to get home safely after. Because we believe that your celebrations should end safely, we are proud to continue our “Safe Ride Home” campaign as a way to prevent drunk driving accidents.
We offered our community free rides home on New Year’s Eve, as reported by Wavy, and we’re proud to announce that we will be offering safe ride home during St. Patrick's day!
According to the National Highways Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 30 Americans are killed in drunk driving accidents every day. These fatal accidents often increase around major event, and thousands of others on the road may be injured in drunk driving accidents.
In order to do our part to protect our community from the dangers of drunk driving, our Norfolk personal injury attorneys developed our “Safe Ride Home” program and the Twitter hashtag #HurtLineSafeRide. Through this program, we are offering free cab rides and reimbursement for your Uber or Lyft rides home to make sure that you have a safe and sober ride home. This program is available this Saturday to prevent drunk drivers from getting behind the wheel.
To learn what constitutes a national holiday or major community event, get in touch with Kalfus & Nachman PC by calling (855) 880-8163.
The details of our program:
- Our free cab rides are exclusively with “Norfolk Black and White” Cab Service, Uber, and Lyft. Unfortunately Black and White Cab does not provide pick-up service in the city of Portsmouth.
- For a free cab ride, call (757) 855-4444 and request a cab through the Kalfus & Nachman “Safe Ride Home” program.
- For a free Uber or Lyft, book your trip using your app, and file our reimbursement form, which can be found here.
The rules of the program:
- Free rides are available from 6:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. on Saturday.
- Rides are only available to deliver you to a residence from a bar or restaurant. They cannot be used to take you to other drinking locations.
- You can only use one free cab ride per national holiday or major community event.
- You must be at least 21 years old to participate in the program.
- We will reimburse you up to $30 for your Uber or Lyft ride, if we are provided with a competed reimbursement form and ride receipt.
- Rides cannot be guaranteed to everyone, however we will make every attempt to accommodate all requests. Our community’s safety is our highest concern.
About Kalfus & Nachman PC
Founded in 1979, our firm has been there for thousands of injured clients. Our Virginia personal injury attorneys offer personalized and caring client service for every case, and we are aggressive, effective advocates for your best interests. Kalfus & Nachman PC has the resources, power, and experience to ensure that your case reaches the best possible outcome. We proudly serve the residents of Newport News, Norfolk, Roanoke, and surrounding areas. If you’ve been injured in an accident, schedule a free consultation with our team today.
Contact our team 24/7 by calling (855) 880-8163.