Call For a Free Consultation 24/7 - Se Habla EspaƱol

Were You Injured in a Car Accident in Another State?

Attorney Richard Aufenger explains what you should do if you are injured in a car accident out of state.

You may be traveling out of state for work or vacation and then get involved in an accident. While accidents alone are already confusing and troubling, you may have a lot more questions when involved in one not in your hometown.

You need to know that the laws can be different based on whatever state or country you’re in, regarding your automobile accident. Keep in mind that every state has its own set of conditions that could affect your claim.

You may want to hire an attorney but don’t know in which state – the one you live or the one you’re injured? You need to look at your case and think about how an attorney would be helpful. While you were injured in one state, you will be getting medical attention back at home. So if you’re bringing a lawsuit to court, you can have witnesses in both states – eyewitnesses to the car accident and then your doctor or health care provider can be a witness as well. It may be in your best interest to retain an attorney in both states to assist in your case. The attorneys can even share the fee, allowing you the best legal help without double the cost.