Call For A Free Consultation 24/7 - Se Habla Español

Can I Recover a Wrongful Death Claim for a Boyfriend or Girlfriend?

Our Norfolk attorney, Paul Hernandez, explains several of the intricacies surrounding a wrongful death claim if you and the deceased are not married. If you tragically lose your boyfriend or girlfriend due to another’s negligence, filing a claim for damages may be the last thing on your mind. While monetary compensation can’t help the grieving you’re undergoing, it can help provide for you and your family in the future.

If you lose your boyfriend or girlfriend, there may not be any compensation that you can claim. It depends on the state you live in and what a judge decides.

In this video, Mr. Hernandez describes a case where they couldn’t get any financial compensation for the girlfriend, but they could for her child because the deceased was the child’s father.

There are multiple things to consider in a wrongful death case, so please contact Kalfus & Nachman today to determine if you have a legal right to sue. Call us at (855) 880-8163.


How We Are Different

  • You Will Pay No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
  • We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars for Our Clients
  • Our Attorneys Are Well-Equipped to Fight Insurance Companies
  • We Have Successfully Handled Thousands of Cases Since 1979
  • We are a Full-Service Firm with Multiple Locations
  • Se Habla Español

Free Case Review

Fill out the form below to get started.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.