Preparation Is Key in Hampton Roads to Avoiding Storm Damage Injury
- Be sure trees and shrubs around your home are well trimmed so they are more wind resistant.
- Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts.
- Reinforce your garage doors; if wind enters a garage it can cause dangerous and expensive structural damage.
- Plan to bring in all outdoor furniture, decorations, garbage cans and anything else that is not tied down.
- Determine how and where to secure your boat.
- Install a generator for emergencies
During most tropical storms most Hampton Roads Neighborhoods experience flooding, so please prepare your home and property for areas that are susceptible to flooding. And after the storm has passed remember, you have an obligation as a homeowner or property owner to remove debris from your premises. The City is not responsible to remove fallen trees or limbs from personal property to make your property safe again.
And remember each year thousands of Americans experience injuries on private property, make sure your property is safe at all times. If you are a loved one are ever injured on someone else property call our Personal Injury Attorneys for a free consultation today (855) 880-8163 or visit us on the web at www.kalfusnachman.com