Bicycle Safety Tips
Kalfus & Nachman's bike accident lawyers will fight for you if you've been hurt in an accident that was caused by a driver's negligence and misconduct. Our experienced attorneys know how to successfully pursue justice and compensation for bicyclists who've suffered devastating personal injuries in the Norfolk area.
However, avoiding such accidents is always the best option. Of course, we understand that, as a bicyclist, you don't have perfect control over these situations. A dangerous or negligent vehicle driver poses an unacceptable risk to you. You can do everything right and still find yourself the victim of a catastrophic accident.
Still, there are some things you can do to protect yourself while on your bike. Here are some tips we've picked up during our years of work in the field:
- Follow all relevant traffic laws and signs. Remember, your bicycle is a vehicle, just like any other.
- Wear bright, reflective clothing and invest in reflectors for your bicycle.
- Check your bicycle before you start your trip. Make sure your tires are properly inflated, your brakes are working and your chain is rust-free and unencumbered.
- Always wear a properly fitted helmet.
- Always pay close attention to the road and your surroundings. Don't listen to music through headphones or engage in other distracting behavior.
Again, we understand that following these tips is not a guarantee. We have seen too many innocent victims to believe that. But we do know that vigilance and cautious bicycle operation can reduce your risk of an accident, and they can protect your legal rights in the event of an unavoidable accident.
If you've been hurt in a bicycle accident in the Norfolk, Virginia area and need an experienced attorney to represent you in this difficult time, please call Kalfus & Nachman, Attorneys at Law today at (855) 880-8163 for a free consultation.