- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer on the Peninsula
- Norfolk State Athletics
- The FoodBank for Southeast Virginia
- MADD of Hampton Roads
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- ForKids in Norfolk
- Heritage Humane Society
- Friends of Norfolk Adoption & Animal Care Center
We value partnering with organizations through our Facebook campaigns and other outreach programs.
Sharing Knowledge for the Greater Good
Our lawyers also contribute their expertise and know-how by mentoring aspiring students and participating in programs such as the Casey Anderson Feldman Foundation to End Distracted Driving, as well as the Every 15 Minutes program. The Every 15 Minutes program stages a deadly car crash, which is designed to reinforce the dangers of driving while impaired or under the influence of alcohol in high school juniors and seniors. The Every 15 Minutes Program offers a powerful and sobering reminder of the real-life consequences of drinking and driving, challenging students to make mature decisions when it comes to personal safety and the safety of others. In 2010, Kalfus & Nachman PC had the opportunity to participate and sponsor this fantastic program at Menchville High School in Newport News. It included a real-life Nightingale air ambulance landing at the local high school, a visit to our local emergency room at Riverside Regional Medical Center in Newport News, and a trip to the morgue.
Our attorneys also make regular appearances on the popular Hampton Roads Show as your legal experts on WAVY TV 10. During a live, three-minute segment called "Legal Matters," we offer information the Hampton Roads community of viewers about legal issues that matter to them.
Safe Rides Home Program
In an attempt to make the roads even safer, we have partnered with local ride sharing programs to ensure that we decrease drunk driving fatalities and injuries in our community:
Please accept a safe ride home on New Year's, St. Patrick's Day and Super Bowl Sunday courtesy of Kalfus & Nachman PC.
Professional Associations & Community Involvement
The talented members of our legal team at Kalfus & Nachman PC belong to a variety of local and regional bar associations, which keeps us up to date on new policies and procedures in the field of law. We also participate on several committees and policy-making teams, and we enjoy taking part in fundraising events for causes near and dear to our hearts.
A sampling of the organizations with which we are affiliated includes:
- The North American Brain Injury Society
- Nursing Home Litigation Group
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- City of Virginia Beach's Beaches and Waterway Commission
- Tidewater Emergency Medical Services Council
- Virginia Birth Related Neurological Injury Compensation Fund
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant's Representatives