#HurtlineSafeRide - Free Ride Home Service From Kalfus Nachman
Attorneys representing Norfolk, Newport News, Roanoke & nearby areas of Virginia
During New Year's Eve, Super Bowl Sunday and St. Patrick’s Day, American Law Enforcement is always faced with increased roadway incidents caused by drunk drivers. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in the month of December 2015, 840 people lost their lives in traffic crashes involving a drunk driver. From 2011 to 2015, 3,983 people were killed in December crashes that involved drivers with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) over the legal limit of .08.
Per the NHTSA, 31% of all driving fatalities in 2012 were the result of drunk driving, and 43% of driving fatalities on the day of the big game were caused by drunk driving. We don’t want you to be a statistic. Too many people wait until after they’ve started drinking to figure out how they will get home. The team here at Kalfus & Nachman has partnered with several organizations to make sure you're safe getting home on some of the most celebrated nights of the year.
New Year's Eve
Super Bowl Sunday
St Patrick's Day
Here are the important details about the Kalfus & Nachman Safe Ride Home Program:
- Free cab rides are available at “Designated Cab Companies ONLY.”
- For a free cab ride call one of the designated companies listed at 757-855-4444 and say you are requesting a cab for Kalfus & Nachman Safe Ride Home
- Cab rides are available for the prevention of driving under the influence – remember buzzed driving is drunk driving and rides are only available on that date
- Rides will be provided to get you to a person’s residence from a bar or restaurant– they are not available to take you other drinking locations and only available on that date
- Rides cannot be guaranteed to everyone. However, every attempt will be made to accommodate all requests
- You must be 21 or over to participate
- Uber / Lyft Rides are also available. Kalfus & Nachman will reimburse you up to $30.00. You must send in your receipt to Post Office Box 12889,Norfolk, VA 23541, with copy of driver's license/identification card and copy of ride share bill in order to receive reimbursement. Download form here.
The Norfolk car accident lawyers at Kalfus & Nachman have been serving our community for decades and want nothing more than our community members to enjoy themselves in a safe manner. We are proud to be a part of this program and grateful for the partnership with Black & White Cab. With a little planning, everyone can enjoy the game safely. To contact Kalfus & Nachman, call us at (800) 361-0430.