If you are seeking legal representation in Roanoke, Lynchburg, Campbell County, Bedford County, or Christiansburg, Virginia, contact our accident attorneys at Kalfus & Nachman.
Kalfus & Nachman PC in Roanoke
1322 Plantation Rd.
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
Monday through Friday 8 am - 5:30 pm
Roanoke Car Accidents
Roanoke, Virginia is a unique community. The farthest west of Virginia's cities, the heavy-traffic shipping corridor of I-81 cuts across the northwest of our city. The short major access route I-581 feeds I-81, creating a situation where local traffic and national traffic intersect, creating the possibility for unusual combinations where short-range drivers are combating long-haul trucks and tourist traffic cutting across the state. Although Roanoke drivers are among the safest in the state of Virginia, every year there are thousands of crashes in the city, with hundreds of fatalities and even deaths.
A brief look at the accident statistics for 2011, the latest year for which numbers are available, shows the magnitude of the problem in Virginia.
Statewide Accident Statistics
- There were 120,153 crashes on Virginia roads
- 8,411 of those crashes were drunk driving or otherwise alcohol-related
- 764 people were killed in crashes, a 3.24 percent increase over 2010
- 245 of those people were killed in alcohol-related crashes
- There were 63,382 injuries
- There was an average of 1 crash every 4.36 minutes on Virginia roads
- In 13,157 of these crashes the speed limit was exceeded
- October was the most dangerous month, with 12,333 crashes
- 208 women and 547 men were killed
- 107 people between the ages of 21-25 were killed, the most of any age group
Local Accident Statistics
- In Roanoke there were 1,849 crashes
- In Roanoke five people were killed
- In Norfolk there were 4,223 crashes
- In Norfolk 17 people were killed
- There were 2,863 crashes in Newport News
- 13 people were killed in Newport News
- In these three cities there were 608 alcohol-related crashes
- 20 people died in alcohol-related crashes in these cities
These statistics are sobering, but the stories behind these numbers, the lives ruined, the families devastated, the dreams shattered, are even more heartbreaking.
Our car accident lawyers know you’re not a statistic. We’ll pursue your case with passion, compassion and skill.
If you were unlucky enough to be involved in one of these car accidents in Roanoke due to the fault of another driver, you need someone on your side who understands how to handle your car accident to protect your rights. The other driver, the other insurance company, even your insurance company are prepared to sacrifice your rights to protect their own, but the personal injury lawyers of Kalfus & Nachman are prepared to fight for you. To learn more, call 24 hours a day 800 361-0430 or email us today for a free initial consultation.