Community, News, and Events
Attorneys representing Norfolk, Newport News, Roanoke & nearby areas of Virginia
For 35 years, Kalfus & Nachman PC's commitment to the community has been intertwined with the firm’s mission to deliver top rated legal services. The Kalfus & Nachman lawyers provide financial support to a host of Virginia and North Carolina non-profit organizations, such as:
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer on the Peninsula
- Norfolk State Athletics
- The FoodBank for Southeast Virginia
- MADD of Hampton Roads
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- ForKids in Norfolk
- Heritage Humane Society
- Friends of Norfolk Adoption & Animal Care Center
Our lawyers also contribute their expertise and know-how by mentoring aspiring students and participating in programs such as the Casey Anderson Feldman Foundation to End Distracted Driving and "Every 15 Minutes." Every 15 Minutes is an educational experience that reminds us all of the dangers associated with driving while impaired. The crash is staged, the emotions are real! The Every 15 Minutes Program is conducted for high school's juniors and seniors. The Every 15 Minutes Program offers real-life experience without the real-life risks. This emotionally charged program, entitled Every 15 Minutes, is an event designed to dramatically instill teenagers with the potentially dangerous consequences of drinking alcohol. This powerful program challenged students to think about drinking, personal safety, and the responsibility of making mature decisions when lives are involved. It included a real life Nightingale air ambulance landing at the local high school, an Emergency Room (Riverside Regional Medical Center, Newport News, VA) visit, along with a trip to the morgue.
In 2010, Kalfus & Nachman had the opportunity to participate and sponsor such a great program at Menchville High School in Newport News, VA.
Our attorneys also make regular appearances on the Hampton Roads Show as your legal expert on WAVY TV 10. A live 3-minute segment of "Legal Matters" that informs the Hampton Roads Community about legal issues that matter to them. For more information or to preview past episodes visit kalfusnachman.com/legalmatters.
Our lawyers also belong to local and regional bar associations and many participate on committees, policy-making teams and in fundraising events such as:
- The North American Brain Injury Society
- Nursing Home Litigation Group
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- City of Virginia Beach's Beaches and Waterway Commission
- Tidewater Emergency Medical Services Council
- Virginia Birth Related Neurological Injury Compensation Fund
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant's Representatives